Private duty nurses needed.
We are currently looking for a professional private duty nurse. Some of the roles a private duty nurse performs include: changing bandages, helping the patient with feeding, caring for the wellbeing of the patient, handling the record of the patient’s situation and progress, amongst others.
To be a successful private duty nurse, the patient must be a professional, patient and have excellent knowledge about first aid.
- Care for the patient’s wellbeing by handling the bathing process or other care needed, if necessary.
- Interact with the patient on a daily to ascertain his/her condition.
- Change the dressing/bandages of the patient.
- Help the patient with some motion exercises.
- Monitor the patient’s diet.
- Document the patient’s situation and improvements.
- Handle preventative measures to avoid bed sores if the patient is bed-ridden.
- Handle emergency cases if necessary.
- A degree in nursing or something equivalent is essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous work experience in the field is required.
- Outstanding knowledge of first aid procedures is crucial.