Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne offers a limited number of graduate EPFL Excellence Fellowships to students with outstanding academic records. Some scholarships are funded by EPFL directly and others through partnerships with foundations or companies.
EPFL works together with an extensive network of partners, including universities and other technology institutes, high schools and colleges, industry and economics, political circles and the general public, to bring about a real impact on society.
The selection of candidates for grants will be made on the basis of academic records. The scholarship is very competitive; only 3% of applicants receive the funding. So they must meet the demand to increase the chances of choice. Applicants receiving grants, scholarships or other awards will not be considered for this scholarship.
Applicants must be proficient in English as this is a requirement for the EPFL Master Program. The scholarship program is funded by the École Polytechnic Federale de Lausanne. It is a research institute with three missions, education, research and technology.
If you would like to apply for the scholarship program, please read the following details.
About The Scholarship Host
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne is one of two federal institutes of technology in Switzerland. With the status of a national school since 1969, the Young School of Engineering has developed on many levels, to the point of becoming one of the most renowned science and technology institutions in Europe.
Together with several specialized research institutes, the two universities constitute the field of ETH, which is directly dependent on the Federal Department of Economics, Education and Research (DEFR).
EPFL is located in Lausanne, Switzerland, on the shores of the largest lake in Europe, Lake Geneva, and at the foot of the Alps and Mont Blanc. Its main campus brings together in one place more than 14,000 people, including 10,000 students.
Through the dynamism and wealth of the student community, EPFL has created a special spirit of curiosity and simplicity. Daily exchanges between students, researchers and entrepreneurs on campus encourage the emergence of new scientific, technological and architectural projects.
Graduate Institute Geneva Scholarships- 2022/2023
Eligibility Criteria for EPFL Excellence Fellowships
To be eligible for EPFL Excellence Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world.
- Those who hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a field related to the EPFL curricula can apply for one of the EPFL graduate programs. (Non-eligible applicants who already hold a master’s degree, or equivalent, in the field (or similar field) of the program to which they are applying).
- Candidates must hold outstanding records and academies.
EPFL Excellence Fellowships Benefits
- As an international student, you will receive a scholarship grant worth 8,000 Swiss francs for the cumulative semester to 32,000 Swiss francs for an annual degree – 120 credits / 24,000 Swiss francs for a 1.5 year degree – 90 credits)
- You will also receive a reservation for accommodation in the student dormitory
- As an Intern (EPFL) undergraduate, you will receive a CHF scholarship grant, per year.
- You will also receive a certificate of excellence for your performance during your undergraduate studies
Application procedure for EPFL Excellence Fellowships
- Applicants must apply using the same online form and then apply for a master’s degree program by April 15 or December 15.
- Note that it is necessary to check a box indicating that the profile of the candidate for excellence scholarship should also be considered.
- There is no other way to apply for a scholarship for excellence.
Internal Application: (After Bachelor’s Degree in EPFL)
- Sections may contact students to ask if they would like to apply for an Excellence Scholarship. Students can also apply for their section by April 30th.
- The application should include a CV, Motivation letter, Transcript of all scores obtained in the EPFL
- Letter of recommendation from the section director Students planning to move to another section/program need a letter of recommendation from the section director from which they came and they must also contact their future section deputy to introduce themselves. Their future section deputy will then submit the application to the Excellent Scholarships Committee
READ ALSO: Sartorius Master’s Scholarship in Science and Engineering- 2022/2023
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions below to benefit from EPFL Excellence Scholarships:
- Sign up using the online app from
- Fill out the online application.
- All documents submitted for EPFL Excellence Scholarships must be in English, French, German or Italian. Please attach a legal translation of all documents in another language:
- Academic certificate (s) of candidates or bachelor’s degree certificates. If you still hold your certificate, it is important to submit it to the academic service upon your arrival.
- All your university graduation reports.
- A cover letter not to exceed 1000 words. We ask that you describe your academic background and your career plan.
- The contact details of three academic judges, all of whom will need to provide a letter of recommendation concerning you (except applicants who are already registered with another federal technological institute or university, who are applying for a master’s degree in the same field of study.
- Three judges are required; letters of recommendation should come from teachers who know your job and potential. These recommendations are confidential, necessary and will not be accepted if they are not created by the electronic application.
- Identity card or passport required.
- For foreigners staying in Switzerland: your residence permit.
For more information on EPFL Excellence Scholarships, please visit the link below: