The University of Edinburgh offers 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships to international students in the 2021-2022 academic sessions. Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply for these grants.
Applicants must be required to pay tuition at a rate applicable to overseas students and must already apply for a full-time Ph.D. curriculum. The university receives all English language qualifications for university entry, including IELTS certifications from any IELTS testing center.
In order to attract the best and most brilliant doctoral students, the University seeks to offer not only unparalleled research facilities and excellent supervision, but also to provide development opportunities that will support our research students as they progress beyond their doctorate, through an exciting scholarship program.
The International Office in Edinburgh has many programs and industries that provide support to international students. An integrated English course for academic purposes combines English tuition before sitting with a master’s degree. The International Student Center holds many events and provides a central location for international affairs.
A reception service is provided at Edinburgh Airport on the weekend of September and January for new international students and upon arrival at the Resident Life, service halls will ensure the organization of social events and events to help new students integrate into the university and city.
READ ALSO: Top 20 Scholarships in UK for International Students- 2022/2023
What You Need To Know About The Scholarship Host
The University of Edinburgh has positioned itself in the top ten universities in the United Kingdom. The University of Edinburgh is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the UK. The university is in the top 5% according to international rankings.
The ranking is highest in the following fields: “Arts and Humanities”, “Engineering and Technology”, “Life and Medical Sciences”, “Natural Sciences”, “Social Sciences and Management”, “Physics”, “Chemistry”, “Computer Science”, “Economics”, and Business. ”
The University of Edinburgh is among the best in terms of quality of education, and is proudly ranked among the top 100 in the international rankings according to this criterion. In light of the high reputation of the University of Edinburgh, employees happily employ university graduates
The University is a renowned center for teaching and research in Scotland and was founded in 1583, making it one of the oldest universities in Britain. The University of Edinburgh is one of the largest and most prestigious universities in the world and is currently ranked among the top 20 in the QS World Universities rankings.
A total of 22 schools make up the university, with about 6,000 of the 27,500 students currently enrolled internationally. Academically, Edinburgh holds a strong reputation in medicine and science, where it is home to many discoveries and inventions such as anesthesia, penicillin and the telephone.
The university also has the oldest department of English literature in the UK, and is seeking many humanities scores.
Rhodes Scholarships at University of Oxford- 2022/2023
Eligibility for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
- The awards are open to students in the UK and abroad who wish to begin their first year of study for a campus research degree in 2021-2022.
- Applicants must already apply for a full-time or part-time doctoral research program at the university. We encourage applicants who are interested in applying for this scholarship to contact their academic school at all admission dates.
- Please check the entry requirements for your proposed curriculum for details on other acceptable skills in the English language.
- You can apply for a scholarship before receiving the required test results in English, but the results should be uploaded as soon as possible.
- These awards cannot be held in conjunction with fully funded scholarships, but they can be held in part-funded scholarships and will be reduced proportionately.
- The University of Edinburgh will not normally examine applicants who have already received a doctorate, or official equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students who already have a doctorate. A program cannot be considered at these awards.
- Also note that if you apply for continuous enrollment there you will start your master’s degree program in 2021 and your doctorate the following year in 2021, you will not be eligible to apply for the award in 2021.
- It is not possible to hold global research scholarships in Edinburgh in parallel with fully funded scholarships such as the Commonwealth Scholarship or the Marshall Scholarship.
Selection Criteria for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
- Applicants must have academic excellence and outstanding research potential. Applicants must have a UK First Exhibition or 2: 1 degree of Excellence at the undergraduate or international equivalent level.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the field of research proposed are not taken into account.
- The University will not normally examine applicants who have already received a doctorate, or an official equivalent, as a result of direct training for research.
- 30 global research scholarships in Edinburgh will be awarded at the 2021/2022 meeting.
- Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for postgraduate students in the UK / EU and that charged by a graduate student abroad. The prizes do not cover maintenance expenses.
- Subject to sufficient progress, prizes can be revived for up to three years.
Applications are currently closed.
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application by 23:59 GMT 17 February 2020.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship and to access the online application form.
READ ALSO: Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London- 2022/2023